mercredi 27 novembre 2013

Entry #8 - Overall Reflection

This blog will be a overall reflection about all my internship since the first day. I will tell you how well my internship went. I will also explain to you how this internship had help me to improve my English and how I enjoy my time there. 

Goals:

During this internship, my principal goal was to improve my English. Also, I was looking to improve my grammar in speaking, to learn new vocabulary and to have more fluency when I am talking with Anglophone. I think, I have accomplished most of those goals. At Eco-Quartier, I really had the opportunity to learn new vocabulary and to improve my oral because I was in an total immersion environment. I can say that I have improve my grammar because Julie & Bill taught me some lesson and some rules to use the good word in my sentence. I am really happy because I can say that I am less shy to speak in English and to express myself. I think I really improve my improve because I was alone by myself so I have no other choice but to try and to speak English no matter what. Well,  I am glad to say that I have accomplished most of my goals for this internship.


Strategies:

For this internship, I can approve that I have used a lot of strategy. I had chosen to use the strategy of repetition,guessing, Communicates in whichever way possible and maybe other strategy but I will just talk about these. Well, I have used a lot of the strategy "repetition" at the beginning of my internship. My co-workers were talking to fast and I couldn't understand them really well, so I asked them often to repeat and to talk slowly. The guessing strategy helped me a lot to try even if I wasn't so sure. It help me to try even if made some mistakes. It also helped me to try by my own and not to always ask for help each time that I am not sure of something. After that, I also used the strategy of " Communicate in whichever way possible". Even if I didn't know which word to use and how to say my sentence correctly, I tried, no matter what. Even if the structure was not so good, the people understood me even though. 

Language:

Like I said before, I really improve my English and my grammar. I had also learned new
vocabulary, so now I can express myself more easily and spontaneously. I will continue to
practice my English by talking with people and I will also watch the television in English
so I will not loose what I have learned so far.

Growth:

Well, when I started my internship I had no expectations and I had no idea that I would learn that much about the English culture. At the beginning, it was difficult for me to adapt myself to a new environment, but I finally adapt myself really easily. I am grateful to the people of Eco-Quartier, because I learned a lot during my time with them. Also, because I was in an environmental organism, I have learned many ecological stuffs and facts. Now, I know what is good or not. I know how to change and how to do my civic duties. Unfortunately, this is not a career that I consider to do later, but therefore it was really pleasant and I enjoy my time there.

The internship:

This internship has been a excellent opportunity for me to improve my English and to learn new thing that I didn't know I would like. This internship helps me to me more confidante with myself and to be less shy when it's time to speak in English with people.

The placement:

Finally, I would certainly recommend this internship placement to another student. The people that works there are so kind, dynamic and cheerful. When you arrive there, you are happy to be a volunteer for them and you really want to learn. I think it's the right place to improve your English because the people that works there are here to help you practice in different way. Finally, I enjoy my time there with them and I am really happy of my experience at Eco-Quartier.  It was a great time and I would do it again!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Pages