mercredi 27 novembre 2013

Entry #6

Listening Comprehension

Since the beginning of my internship, it is not easier for me to understand the people I am working with but it is not more difficult. It really stayed the same because at first, my colleagues don’t spoke with a difficult vocabulary, so it was easier for me to understand them right at the beginning. Also, now that I had asked them to talk more slowly, it helped me a lot to understand and to know what they were trying to say. Therefore, it’s true that sometimes I just don’t get what they say and what is the topics of they’re discussion. So, I ask for clarification to help me understand better.

Accent:

I think my accent is better than before my internship. I have always had difficulties to pronounce the words in English. I think most of the time it’s because I think of the pronunciation in French before than in English in my mind and when I say the word I makes some mistakes. I think it’s normal to makes mistakes when you are learning a second language, because I mixt my native language with the one I am learning. Therefore, I think my accent is better and because I have practice a lot since the beginning of my internship, I have more fluency in my sentence at the oral.

Fluency

I think I have become more fluent in English, because I have practice a lot my speaking, so I am gutting use to pronounce some words and I am less shy than before my internship. I have more confidence in myself, so I tend to make fewer mistakes. Still, when I don’t know a word, a ask questions. I also use the strategy of repetition when I don’t understand the meaning of something, so I can use this word later. Also, when I take my time to say something, it’s more fluent and all my words are saying correctly. I don’t have example in my mind, but I remembered that it helps me a lot.

Humour:

Unfortunalty, I didn’t hearded any jokes or funny facts during my internship. When I am at my internship, everybody is working hard and everybody is concentrates on what they are doing. Sometimes, they talked about something and it’s funny, but they were no joke I could remember during my time there.

Accuracy

For the accuracy, I have improved myself to pronounce the “s” at the end of each word. I have practice since the beginning of this internship, but my English course with my teacher Brett has helped me a lot to be able to pronounce this sound at the end of my word. For example, I say a singular word at loud, then I say the same word but plural. I really do the “s” sound with my mouth to help remember to say it at the end of each plural word.
Example: - One chair, two chairs.

  - One hand, two hands.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Pages